Keeping with long held traditions, indigenous women still turn to the African wild for all their skincare needs. Our Journey for beautiful skin begins in Malawi where growing Fair Trade sugar provides clean water and education for farmers’ children. Evaporated cane juice contains glycolic acid which breaks down dead skin. We whip this naturally grown sugar into an emollient cream made from skin loving, certified organic East African shea butter. This rare butter, also known as nilotica, is sourced from a cooperative of women who live in war torn Uganda. Many of them have escaped enslavement by the rebel army. Their shea butter project has allowed them to buy homes and begin their own micro-businesses. We next travel further north to Somaliland where local women collect leaves known locally as qasil. This traditional treatment adds skin softening and conditioning properties to our luxury scrub.
Feed your skin in more ways than you can imagine while buffing the dead skin away. Yes, something that smells this delicious can be good for you, too.
- 99.7% natural
- Made with Fair Trade African sugar cane
- Made with generous amounts of organic shea butter (other brands contain only a small percentage)
- Benefits shea butter cooperative in Uganda
- Made with real spring water (not recycled water found in other brands which contain high levels of chemicals)
- Made with real fruit extract- No synthetic fragrance
- Naturally synthetic colors