Posted on 29th Feb 2016
They said Black Seed Oil was good for you, BUT this is what they didn’t tell you!
There are natural remedies for many of our problems. But we tend to steer away from the organic solutions. Instead, we focus on expensive medications and even some unproven treatments that can actually harm us than be of any desired effect.
Black seed oil is one of the few natural wonders that have a multitude of health benefits. Of the various benefits owing to which you should use black seed oil, two quintessential reasons are hair growth and acne treatment. Now here is a caveat. With many natural products like the black seed oil, there happens to be claims and counterclaims. The effects we are discussing here have been proven. They aren’t speculations or unsubstantiated facts.
Let us delve into why and how black seed oil can facilitate hair growth, be an effective acne treatment and how the oil treats skin disease such as eczema and rashes.
1) Black seed oil is rich in antioxidants. Only two oils in the world are known to be extremely effective or potent in fighting microbes, including viruses. One is oregano oil and the other is black seed oil. Black seed oil is loaded with three natural components, which many may refer to as chemicals, which are very beneficial for the human body. The components are thymol, thymoquinone and thymohydroquinone. These components are responsible for the oil’s ability to fight viral, bacterial and even fungal infections. Skin conditions worsen due to microbial infections. By curing the infections, black seed oil treats skin disease such as eczema and rashes. The same components also have the ability to reduce inflammation of the skin and in cleansing of the pores. This is why black seed oil is effective as an acne treatment.
2) Black seed oil cannot cure cancer. If you find it mentioned anywhere then that is a stretched claim. What black seed oil can do is reduce the tumor cells. One could say that black seed oil can prevent or reduce the chances of cancer. However it is not a cure. What black seed oil can definitely do is improve the health of your liver and improve gastrointestinal health from controlling or preventing bloating to curing diarrhea and even constipation.
3) Two of the most documented benefits of black seed oil are hair growth and acne treatment. Black seed oil can heal the skin. This also applies to the scalp. Your scalp would be better cleansed, nourished and you wouldn’t have dandruff if you use black seed oil topically. With better gastrointestinal health and skin, you would naturally experience less hair fall. Your hair would also get the vitamins and essential proteins it requires to grow and be strong.
4) Eczema and Psoriasis: Black seed oil is also used for skin problems like eczema and psoriasis. It helps sooth inflammation and improve the speed and which skin heals
5) Ancient Egyptians coveted the black seed as a cure for nearly everything. Warm oil was put on the eyes to get rid of styes. Oil was applied to keep the skin moist, increase elasticity and to treat eczema, burns and rashes. The oil was consumed as a daily tonic to boost the immune system, to increase oxygen exchange amoungst asthma sufferers, decrease coughing, increase joint mobility, stimulate the scalp to improve hair growth, increase lactation, and to improve skin tone.
Black Cumin Seed Oil: What to Look For
Black cumin seed oil is the most absorbable and concentrated form, and from my research, the most effective way to consume black seeds. It is just important to make sure that it is from a quality source and preferably:
Pure pressed without chemical extraction
Contains no additives or diluting oils
Protected from rancidity by high quality light and air protective glass
Shea butter comes from the nuts of karite or Shea nut trees, which grow in the savannahs of Central and West Africa. Shea trees are not cultivated. They can grow only in the wild and take up to 50 years before they mature, and then live up to 300 years. Shea trees [...]
Extreme dryness of the skin can cause symptoms such as itching, flaking, cracking, tough and rough skin on the feet, and peeling. Instead of using typical lotions, consider an all-natural body butter that is made with Shea. Whipped body butter and Shea butters are known to be effective in treating dry skin and relieving a [...]
There are six different skin types and they are classified as dry skin, normal skin, oily skin, mature skin, combination skin and sensitive skin. It is important to identify your true skin type so you are able to select the most effective skin care products for your special skin care needs. Determining your skin type [...]
Totally Worth It: Shea Terra Organics Argan & Green Coffee Around-Eye Serum The all natural, antioxidant rich beauty eye serum instantly minimizes dark circles thanks to green coffee bean oil and is well worth its’ weight in gold (as well as the $38 retail price). In addition to erasing the previous nights’ lack of sleep, the [...]
Shea Terra Argan Oil and Acacia Honey Facial Wash (Api-Therapy)Posted on February 24, 2014by My Lucite DreamsShea Terra is a brand that continuously impresses me as I further familiarize myself with their extensive line. This do-good brand features a large variety of natural and organic products that come at a great value. A definite must-try [...]
Product Review: Shea Terra Organics Baobab & Coconut Water Facial MasquePosted on March 8, 2014 by Brewed AwakeningI want to talk about products that bring spring.As I mentioned in a previous post, my skin gets really dry and flaky in winter. I know it’s March now, but it’s still freezing — and my skin is [...]
Shea Terra Organics Volcanic Bath Soak Review Have you ever noticed how many beauty products there are on the market? I mean we all know they are tons to choose from, but have you ever REALLY noticed just how many?It seems that everyone and their uncle have their own brand and "unique" products that all claim [...]
Product Review: Shea Terra Organics Bananas & Baobabs Shea ButterA friend of mine introduced me to BirchBox last year and they sent me Shea Terra Organics Bananas and Baobabs. I was pretty much love at first sight. Okay okay... maybe that isn't true! I should say love at first smell. This stuff smells like banana [...]